Wolf Jaw Tongs – The Greatest Tongs for a Beginner Blacksmith!
Those of us who are dedicated to a life of heavy metals and fire know all too well the importance of strong, durable and practical tools. When we’re just starting out in the world of blacksmithing, we need to know that the tools that we’re investing in are versatile and are going to last.
Wolf Jaw Tongs are an essential tool for a Blacksmith or Bladesmith, but what should we know before we buy?
Why Wolf Jaw Tongs?
Known as the ‘universal tong,’ Wolf Jaw Tongs are incredibly useful additions to your arsenal.
- Wolf Jaw Tongs are able to grip multiple sizes of stock with ease.
- They can comfortably hold various shapes – whether flat, round, square or somewhere in between because of its classic v-bit design.
- Wolf Jaw Tongs can hold a piece along the axis or across the jaw.
- At 500mm they can safely keep the hot metal from at a decent distance from our more sensitive fleshy bits.
- The dimensions of the tool offer the perfect arm’s length for pounding metal.
- Ideal for forging blades and knives as well as more heavy-duty pieces.
- The design of the Wolf Jaw Tongs offers the ultimate in balance and control whilst forging.
- Chosen by beginners and seasoned professionals alike, the right Wolf Jaw Tongs can be relied on for safety and longevity.
- A lightweight tool for a variety of projects.
The design of the Wolf Jaw Tongs hasn’t changed much in decades which tells us that someone got it right a long time ago. Why fix what ain’t broke?
Get a Grip!
Are you considering investing in quality forging tools as you start your foray into blacksmithing? The hardy tools required for blacksmiths, bladesmiths, and farriers are available to you right here.
The Anvils team are dedicated to sourcing, creating, and offering the best tools for the best price. We are available to answer questions if you need assistance – just drop us an email and we’ll do what we can to help you to create your best work.
Check out our awesome Wolf Jaw Tongs here.